Email marketing, which is the last form of outbound marketing that is still functioning, is mostly not utilized well by digital marketers, communication strategists and business owners. One’s email marketing campaign is useless if the emails arent opened, you can all agree with me that email marketing’s success after it hits the inbox, is the open rates.
Below are 5 Major Reasons Your Customers Might Not Open Your Emails
1. Time sent: Email marketing campaigns sent during heavy working hours are less likely
to be opened than those send off-hours. Target lunch time, closing hours and weekends if the email accounts are personal.
2. The Sender: Email campaigns from strangers are less likely to be opened than those
from colleagues, so we advise you use common names people can relate with, as the sender
3. The SUBJECT line: funny enough, Email marketing campaigns with long, confusing SUBJECT lines are less
likely to be opened than those with short, relevant ones. Make your subject line catchy and tempting to click, dont be ambiguous.
4. The salutation: Email marketing campaigns that begin with formalities like (“Dear Mr. Ade”) have proved to be less
likely to be opened than those that begin informally (“Jane,”).
5. The teaser: Email marketing campaigns where the first 10 to 20 words are ambiguous are less
likely to be opened those that begin meaningfully and precise.
Those five elements are important because they’re what appears in the INBOX in most
email programs and affect your Email marketing campaign either good or bad.